Monday 10 April 2017

A lighter base


A change in the month and my thoughts at least turn to lightness and shedding of outer layers and general brightness, not the least in my base of choice.

Goodness I struggle, like I think most of the population, too oily for a hint of a tint, and too old for powder, I do tend to become a shiney sweaty mess come mid summer. However we are far from high summer in the UK, being just into April, but even so the sun is out and I need something less heavy on the face.

My bases of choice for this time of the year are Chantecaille Just Skin and Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser. What I like about both of these is their sublime texture, they really are both like moisturisers with colour, and not just a hint of colour either, both have a significant amount of pigment to even out tone a little, and make my skin look a bit less tired and a bit more alive, they seem to both be able to impart a bit of bounce and bloom.

I do struggle a bit with the shades, Just Skin's palest shade is "alabaster" which is a somewhat yellower pale and does oxidise on my skin. LM's Tinted Moisturiser cites "porcelain" as its palest shade but has always been somewhat dark and yellow on me, but thankfully they have a pale pinky shade "cameo" which is lovely.

If I had to choose it would be Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser as my favourite, it is about half the price of Chantecaille Just Skin, doesn't oxidise, is light enough in colour and lasts a good 6 hours suprisingly, I do look a bit shiney by then but is it all good. I bought both from Space NK.

No comments:

Post a Comment