Tuesday 24 February 2015

Aurelia Eye Revitalising Duo


My eye woes are of the baggy craggy variety - I have awnings for eyelids, you have heard of the pencil test for under the boobs? Well I could support at least a couple of cocktail sticks under my upper eyelids. 

When I purchase an eye product I am not expecting it to act on my eye slackening, really I want a product which is moisturising and refreshing and a pleasure to use, and this duo from Aurelia has been a sheer delight to use.

I bought this last year. I have bought several products from Aurelia's Probiotic skincare range, and have been impressed with the texture of the products which are light, but deeply hydrating, and the scents which are again light, but inviting and pleasurable. 

This duo has a cream in a jar and a serum in a roller ball.

The Illuminate & Smooth Puff Reduction Eye Cream has a spatula and is quite dense in that it needs a spatula to get at it, but is easily dispersed and does not drag, it feels instantly hydrating, and moisturising, suprisingly so given that the texture on application really is very light.

The Revitalise & Brighten Eye Dew has a serum texture and is cased in a glass bottle with a metal roller. Instantly cooling and hydrating, I found that the serum itself was not quite moisturising enough for my eye area, but its zinginess makes up for that, and if I layered the Eye Cream over the top it was more than enough moisture and comfort.



The roller ball is reuseable in that one can purchase a refill to attach the metal ball which is perfect as I found I whizzed through the Eye Dew in a couple of months because it was so pleasurable to use. The Eye Cream was like a bottomless pit and lasted me a good four months of twice daily use.

The duo is £90 for 10mls of Eye Dew and 15mls of Eye Cream, the refill for the Eye Dew is £40. So not cheap, but so very very pleasing to use.

More information from the Aurelia website which really is worth a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment