Tuesday 23 June 2015

Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm


It is indeed a sad old day when one comes to the end of a product, or specifically in my case a cleanser, or even more specifically a balm cleanser.


For me, this is the closest that I get to a treatment cleanser, a cleanser with knobs on, a product which does the biz and the rest, it goes the extra mile if you like. 

It is a balm in that one needs to scoop it out of the reassuringly heavy glass jar, but this is not a mimsy flim flam of a balm which emulsifies at the merest whiff of water - not that there is anything wrong with those sorts of balm cleansers - no this is a full on oily balm which needs to be massaged on and hot clothed off, no water necessary.

To my nose, the scent has a bit of orangey blossomness and mud, for Hungarian mud is a high up ingredient, pleasant, warming, comforting.

The texture looks granular, a little like one has taken a pumice and ground it up, but whilst there is a texture, it is a whisper, the feel on the skin is one of an rich oily balm.


And it is grey, and it applies grey to the face, which is somewhat disconcerting. 


Now this is my third empty jar of this product. Initially I savoured it, for at £46 for 50mls it is not conducive to my usual twice or thrice pm application. But goodness it is such a joy to use, it really is an absolute pleasure, from the glass jar, to the richness, to the scent, to the texture and feel on the skin, I get huge pleasure at every sensorial level, my skin feels cosseted, and I feel satisfied.

So I don't use it regularly for my first pm cleanse, sometimes I do but invariably I will go in with another balm cleanser and then luxuriate in this cleanser.

Fortunately I have another jar waiting in the wings.


Currently £46 for 50mls

No comments:

Post a Comment