Saturday 12 December 2015

Blue Copper, Moon, Cocoon


Looking around in my current routine, I realised that several products are blue, from the delicate faded chambray blue of NIOD Copper Amino Isolate Serum, to the pale turquoise of Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm, to the deep petroly teal of Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil.

Maybe even five years ago I would have been suspicious about such a distinctive shade in a skin care product, when all I wanted was a neutral cream, maybe with a hint of buttery yellow, but now looking at the ingredients, this distinction is due to the ingredients, I think that Luna has colour added but it is the final ingredient in the list.

I cannot comment on NIOD having only just started to use this watery blue treatment, and Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Balm, whilst having worked my way through a third of a jar, is too beautiful a product to dismiss its worth with a sentence or two here, and Luna deserves an update all of its own.

Of course missing from this plethora of blue is May Lindstrom's The Blue Cocoon, but that is housed in my very special box.




And I don't even want to disturb it until 25th December.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jan - I am so pleased to have found your blog again! I always enjoyed your previous blogs and was sad when you disappeared off the radar. I saw your name in the comments on Visionary Beauty's latest post and thought 'could it be her??' and it was! I am looking forward to catching up on a backlog of your reviews. Very best wishes, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Caroline, thanks so much for your kind words. I come and I go and currently am enjoying being back :) Really your encouragement is much appreciated. Thankyou again. Jan

    ReplyDelete