Tuesday 29 December 2015

Emma Hardie Cleansing Balm

The trouble with blogging intermittently and infrequently and on different blogs is that one forgets what one has posted about.


Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm is a cleansing balm which I have used on and off for several years but haven't blogged about it here. 

So a cleansing balm, a buttery balm to oil unguent which, as per the norm nowadays, becomes a milk once water is added.

For me the uniqueness of Emma Hardie is two fold; it smells delicious, a beautifully light orangey flowerblossomy stunner, and if it smells good, one wants to use it and luxuriate in using it. Its texture is very soft, really like soft butter on a warm afternoon, meaning it quickly melds into an oil, rendering it easy to massage around the face and dissolve the makeup and grime of the day, one just needs to watch the ambient temperature, as can be seen in the photo below, the oil can migrate.


The ingredients are plant based oils both the carrier oils and the essential oils and it is refreshing to see a product where water is not the first ingredient.


What I like about Emma Hardie cleansing balm is that it is a utilitarian product which feels sumptuous on the skin.

For me it removes my makeup but feels special enough to allow for a bit of indulgence, a bit of time taken, if I want to go on with a second cleanser I can, but if I can't be arsed then that is okay too, because I don't feel that i have missed out, or that my skin hasn't.

Emma Hardie is available from SpaceNK, Cultbeauty, and other online retailers including the Emma Hardie website. A 200mls jar lasts me around four months of daily use, at around £50. If I am being picky, I would prefer a jar with a wider diameter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment