Saturday 19 March 2016

Something New - Liz Earle Superskin Eye Cream


I don't need a new eye cream, I am perfectly happy with my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Rescue thank-you very much (reviewed here), but when a free sample appears in the post it seems rude not to give it a go.

So Liz Earle Superskin Eye Cream is the newest edition to her Superskin range, which is aimed I suppose at me, with older crappier skin, not that all older skin is crap but mine has woes which seem inexorable so I have to do the best with what I have got - in the eye area that is dark circles and baggy eyelids, the latter I am resigned to, the former I want to disguise.

The premise is that this product will be an eye cream for all ages from mid twenties to sixties and beyond with high levels of plant based botanical ingredients - listed below

Ingredients: Aqua (water), Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium polyacrylate, Borago officinalis seed oil, Rosa rubiginosa seed oil, Myristyl myristate, Vaccinium macrocarpon (cranberry) seed oil, Soybean glycerides, Propanediol, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, Punica granatum fruit extract, Medicago sativa (alfalfa) seed extract, Spilanthes acmella flower extract, Alaria esculenta extract, Rheum rhaponticum root extract, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium stearoyl glutamate, Lactobacillus ferment lysate, Butyrospermum parkii butter unsaponifiables, Sodium hyaluronate, Xanthan gum, Saccharomyces cerevisiae extract, Hydrolyzed lupine protein, Arginine, Trisodium ethylenediamine disuccinate, Lactobacillus ferment, Hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid, Chlorphenesin, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aspartic acid, Ascorbyl palmitate, Sodium chloride, Citric acid.

And it is reassuring for me to see borage seed oil and rosehip seed oil high up in the ingredients list.


Now there is not much that one can tell from a 2mls sachet - I eked out four applications pm, am, pm, am. And what I found was that the texture is a cream rather than a lotion, it does not have a fragrance that I can tell, it felt instantly cooling but sank in rather too quickly for my liking - I may investigate further but currently I am happy with my Charlotte Tilbury Magic Eye Cream

£35 for 15mls

No comments:

Post a Comment