Wednesday 9 March 2016

Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser

I have been using Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser for some little while, and they had a recent offer to purchase the product in its new tube and with and new cloth for £10 off what the usual price. Needless to say I bought it.


Pai have thought carefully about this packaging, I don't personally mind pumps but there is always that little bit of awkwardness at the end when one hacks into the outer plastic, usually with an incompetent implement and injures oneself, all in the spirit of getting the last dregs out. No such difficulties here, I have showed how squeezy this tube is below.


I find that creamy cleansers are becoming a more reached for cleanser and makeup remover than my more usual balms which can feel a bit full on, especially at this time of year when the UK spring is accompanied by stiff breezes which leave my skin needing something cooling and calming and this cream cleanser from Pai is one of my favourites. 

What I like particularly about this cleanser is that it is so gentle and very hydrating, although I have an oily skin, I find that whenever I remove my makeup or generally cleanse my skin, my skin feels parched and in need of something - with this cleanser, my skin can wait until I have at least got the top off my serum/moisturiser.


The new cloth is interesting - I have always found the original Pai muslin somewhat rough in texture and have tended to use an Eve Lom muslin or a bog standard flannel (so saying the flannel which comes with the Votary Cleansing Oil is far from bog standard and is delightfully pile dense).

This cloth has a muslin on one side and a flannel on the other, both have a soft, loose weave which is gentler on my face. And this does remove all my makeup, with 2 passes but then that is normal for me.

Just a word on Pai's beautiful packaging below.


£38 for 200mls with the cloth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment