Friday 11 November 2016

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm


I bought this. And I used it all up. And I am really not sure about it. 


So it is a balm cleanser. With not a whole lot of ingredients in to upset or irritate the skin, unless one happens to be allergic to those ingredients, for after all one can be allergic to anything.


It is designed to be applied, dry face, dry hands, massaged in and removed with some form of hot cloth, beit muslin or cotton flannel, so far so ubiquitous cleanser.

It is quite a thick balm, not unlike lard in texture and without smell. I wouldn't call the texture buttery (Emma Hardie Moringa Balm) or oily (Vaishaly Cleansing Balm, Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm) or gel like (Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm) or grainyish (Eve Lom), it is of its own, soft is the term I would use. 


I like that it can emulsify with the addition of water, and it certainly is effective in makeup removal and general cleaning ability.


And yet, I find that I miss that little bit extra, the texture and scents of the other balms give me that added thrill of pleasure, this is utilitarian, it does the job quickly and efficiently and there is nothing wrong with that, indeed my skin is going through a sensitive, weak phase, likely due to a change in temperature, and it needs quick gentle thoroughness, and this is probably the product to deliver for me right now.

It is around £20 for 125mls

No comments:

Post a Comment