Sunday 27 November 2016

Pestle & Mortar Superstar Retinol Night Oil, my excited but limited thoughts based on 3 weeks of use

I am never really sure about reviews of skincare products. I mean I love skincare, I have an extensive range, it is what I spend my money on, it is what I think about before I go to sleep and what I day dream about during the spaces in between. What I am really doing is putting my thoughts out there about a product which may or may not suit somebody else. However given that I currently get about 2 views per day and that includes my own maybe it is neither here nor there, to the person who looks at my burblings, welcome, but please bear in mind that these are my own rather excited but initial thoughts.


So Pestle & Mortar Superstar Retinol Night Oil. This had been on my radar for a while after that post by Caroline Hirons

I have been using Sunday Riley's Luna Oil and indeed had repurchased, but I was not using as regularly and wanted something which felt a bit more nourishing for the winter months. 



I have been using this for all of 3 weeks, stupidity to make any vast claims really but I am in a bit of a giddy mood for I do bloody love this. 

What can I say about this? It is elegantly packaged, housed in a slim black tube with a pump which works. It has no smell at all, not even an oily scent, it is odourless. It has a thickness to it, it is not a dry oil to my mind, nor a thin oil, it is an oil which disperses easily across my skin with a stickablility which enables massage but not drag. 

What have I noticed after such a short space of useage? I am worried that I am whizzing through it and it will be gone, the instructions are for half a pump at night but I didn't see that until I was looking on the website last night and I have been using a full pump which lets face it is not a vast amount, probably around 1.75mls if that, but the tube feels suddenly lighter and it is currently sold out on the website and I am panicking somewhat, because it really does feel good on my skin, I mean really good, like a good tonic of goodness, it seems to get into all my nooks and crannies and plump them out a bit and then calm all the redness and plump out the thinness.

This is currently £63 for 30mls. It is sold out at the moment from the stockists that I know of, ie the Pestle and Mortar website and the Cloud10 Beauty website. I think this is my new favourite treatment oil, and may have reached the status of needing one in storage at all times.

Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Rosa Canina (Fruit) Oil*, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed Oil**, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Oil*, Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Retinyl Palmitate, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil***, Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil**, Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu/Foraha) Seed Oil**, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil*, Dimethyl Isosorbide, Tocopherol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil**, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil**.
*Cold Pressed | **Cold Pressed and Organic| ***Steam distilled

No comments:

Post a Comment