Sunday 1 January 2017

New Year new lips please



Yes I have posted about Medela Purelan Lanolin Nipple Cream before here but this is more about application than product.

My lips are suddenly suffering, badly. A bit swollen, a bit thin, a bit bleeding and definitely sore and chapped. Now the Purelan is a good, effective lip balm, but my lips are still all of the above and more. So application. 

There are many views on how to rid oneself of cracked chapped lips, and they are well documented. Most involve rubbing lips with something abrasive to remove the itty bits of loose skin, using a flannel, toothbrush, cotton bud. However what I find is that all that happens is that the already thin skin on my lips, becomes thinner and more sore. So what I do is apply, and apply and apply - car journeys are good for this, applying a layer every 5 minutes and whilst my lips are not quite there yet, they are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment