Saturday 7 January 2017

Mineral Powder Foundation: Laura Mercier and Lily Lolo


A grubby photo of two far from grubby products, truthfully these were meant to be in an empties post but that didn't happen, they are empty but this is not about empties, it is about these two powder foundations, neither is it a head to head, rather observations about them.

I have a checkered past with mineral powder foundation, I have an oilier skin and theoretically, powder foundation, beit mineral or not, is suited to an oilier skin, it keeps it matte whilst covering imperfections. However as I have aged, my skin has become less oily, from the periphery in, so my oily "t" zone has become an oily "i" zone and even now this is reducing to an oily nose and chin.

What I like about both Laura Mercier and Lily Lolo is the shades in that they are sufficiently pale and neutral for my skintone, and the density of the powder, as neither have particularly heavy coverage on first pass, and that suits me, I can go in gently and then go in again and even again as necessary.

Now there is a but to this post, and it is more to do with the vagaries of my own skin rather than any deficit in the products. My skin is oily but it is also older, and thinner and menopausal and changeable. What I mean is that it can be dry and oily at the same time, which probably means it is dehydrated but whatevs. I can apply a layer and buff and buff until my arm falls off and achieve a lovely glowy skin like finish, and then when I by chance glance in the mirror, there is migration of product around my eyes (dry) and nose (oily) and generally my skin looks like an old dried out chamois. I suppose I could keep a kabuki type buffing brush about my person ready to whip out every passing hour but really? 

Like I say perfectly fine products trying their hardest on an unpredictable skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment