Wednesday 9 November 2016

Nude Advanced Renewal Overnight Repair Mask or First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream


In an attempt to soothe my sad, aged and properly dehydrated skin in the sudden albeit seasonal drop in temperature in the UK, I decided to compare and contrast a couple of products that I have in my stash.

Compare and contrast takes me back to A-Level English Literature; Compare and Contrast the Poems of Gerald Manley Hopkins and John Donne with Particular Reference to Form, or some such fancy.

So Nude Overnight Mask is that, an overnight moisturising mask - I first came across this after Ruth's review on a model recommends, whereas First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Cream is marketed as a rich hydrating moisturiser. Nude is housed in a tub, and First Aid in a tube. Neither is fragranced that I can tell.

I have shown the textures below, both blobbed and then sheared out slightly.


The Nude has a thicker texture, and is more of a smear and leave sort of application and it feels more oily than the First Aid cream which really is more of a thick cream, dolloped on rather than smeared if that makes sense.

I like both of these, my skin feels comfortable immediately post application with each product and in the morning my skin feels like it has been taken care of, it feels hydrated and comfortable. But getting down to the nitty gritty of texture, the First Aid is immediately cooling on application, it feels more immediately hydrating I suppose, however in the morning there is no residue, maybe a good thing for some, but for me I want evidence that a product hasn't been sweated off in the night. The Nude, whilst it does not feel cooling, and if truth be told, on me feels a little greasy on application, it is still there in the morning, and at this time of year, my skin needs that.

Nude Advanced Renewal Overnight Repair Mask is £42 for 75mls - I bought mine from SpaceNK

Ingredients: Water (aqua), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), caprylic/capric triglyceride, glyceryl stearate se, glycerine, beeswax (cera alba), Theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, phenoxyethanol, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, sclerotium gum, ethylhexylgycerin, palmitic acid, stearic acid, lactose, milk protein (lactis proteinium), sodium dehydroacetate, glycyrrhetinic acid, citric acid, galactaric acid, ficus carica (fig) fruit/leaf extract, bifida ferment lysate, helianthus annuss (sunflower) seed oil, lactic acid, Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, honey (mel) extract, phenethyl alcohol, glycolipids, sodium hyaluronate, tocopheryl acetate, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) nut extract, potassium sorbate, tocopherol,
 

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream is £9 for 56.7g - mine was free in a You Magazine Beauty Box

Ingredients: Colloidal Oatmeal, Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthum Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment