Wednesday 2 November 2016

Pretty Iconic by Sali Hughes


I read this at a gallop, ordered when it first came out and absorbed in great chunks, racing through each page, eager for the next. Of course I ended up dissatisfied and am now absorbing this book at a more sedate and proper pace which is befitting, for this book deserves time and respect.

I liked Pretty Honest, but I love Pretty Iconic. I think it is because I recognise so many of the products and experiences. In Pretty Honest I felt a bit lectured, perhaps that is too strong a word because I am a very huge fan of Sali Hughes on so many levels, I admire her dress sense, her delightful instagram pictures of her rescue dog and her ability to write, proper write about beauty without resorting to fripps and frivs (or fripperies and frivolities). I mean she is a proper journalist after all and that should be a given, but to see it in print and read it aloud is a sheer and utter visual and aural treat.

I would buy this for anyone who is over forty. To read it, is to wallow in the fantastic world of beauty in all its guises. I really really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment