Monday 31 October 2016

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Light 1 Siberia


Foundation is bloody hard. I want something for when I am at work. A product which applies quickly, evenly, can double up as a concealer, and which lasts. I apply my makeup at 6.00am, I am out of the house by 6.30am and don't have any opportunity for touch ups and barely time to look in the mirror. I have a skin which is on the oilier side of normal but too much powder and I look like a piece of old leather. So it has to be the right shade, sit happily over my myriad of skin care layers and last, lasting is important, oh and I would quite like that it doesn't oxidise, in fact scrap the "quite like" I do not want it to oxidise.

Of course I have tried NARS Sheer Glow in the past, and have been complemented on it's skin enhancing abilities when I have worn it, but bizzarely I abandoned it, I think that it was because of the shade thing. I have fair skin, I am not the fairest of the fair and I have redness and brown patches, hyperpigmentation, old freckles, whatever you want to call it, I have several shades on my face which I want to unify. I originally bought Mont Blanc, but it is now too pink for me and I look permanently, well pink. As I have aged I have become redder, and when I was shade matched, the opinion was for a shade which was too dark and too yellow (Deauville I think) so I went with what I though and bought Siberia.  And yes it is a pale primrose yellow, but it cancels out my redness.


It lasts really well - above is a close up after a good 8hrs of wear - it does last longer but there is a paucity of daylight at this time of year in UK. Yes I look quite shiney but I have learned that when one is older and oily that is better than powdery old leather.




The pump, I feel is a must when one purchases but I wish that it  came with an integral pump with a lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment