Sunday 3 April 2016

Something old

I purchased my Foreo Luna about three and a half maybe four years ago and it has been a constant ever since.


Mine is the original, for normal/sensitive skin - I think that the newer model has the dimples taking up more of the total surface. 
It is made of silicone, and is waterproof and the idea is a bit like a sonic toothbrush really in that one applies a water soluable cleanser, massages in, and uses the Foreo Luna to "deep cleanse" the skin.

It is very gentle, one can ramp up or ease down the intensity of the vibrations by using the plus and minus buttons, and the whole sequence lasts around a minute.

Now I also have a Clarisonic, but this is not a Clarisonic. For me it is multifunctional, it wakes me up in the mornings and gives my cream cleanse a bit of an extra depth, without causing sensitivity and redness.

It does have a extra massage function which frankly I can't be bothered with but I do think that one needs to take heed of the instructions and massage in the contours and direction of the facial muscles rather than wondering aimlessly around the face in mindless circles.

It is not cheap at around £125 for the original model, but it is a one off purchase and the charge lasts forever - do not throw the charger out like I did, but replacing it was very straightforward.

I have tried it with all cleansers from Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser to MV Organic Skincare Gentle Cream Cleanser, to Tata Harper Rejuvinating Cleanser, infact with any cleanser other than one which is oil based because I have a feeling that may cause the silicone to wear more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment