Wednesday 3 August 2016

BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Porcelain


A beautiful, beautifully packaged foundation. This comes in a frosted glass bottle and it really is rather ethereal with its swirls of iridescence. And it promises so very much.

Now I have been a regular repurchaser of BECCA products - I loved their Luminous Skin Colour, a feather light tint which was pared with a stick foundation for concealing, they also made a compact concealer with a split pan of heavier and lighter consistency concealers. What was so amazing was the span of skin shades, I think 33. Some shades were sub- divided into cool, warm and neutral, it was a delight......so what the hell has happened with this foundation and its total of 9 shades?

Now I know that formulations have moved on exponentially since I was first purchasing BECCA some 10 years ago (and the rest), and there is more of a forgiving, sort of wriggle room between shades but I am disappointed to say the least.

Another disappointment is the delivery system - a dropper which is millimetres narrower in diametre than the neck of the product meaning smearing and mess.


So I am disappointed on 2 fronts, shade range and delivery system. Going back to the shade range I have swatched it on my hand below 


BECCA Ultimate Coverage Complexion Creme in Porcelain on left and BECCA Aqua Luminous Perfecting Foundation in Porcelain on the right - there is to my eye about a 2 shades difference and an unwanted warmth to the Aqua Luminous.

So saying this is a really lovely foundation. I can apply 1 pump and it covers without caking and sets to negate the need for any setting powder. It lasts my usual 7 to 8 hours and does not deteriorate or break down or separate. It really does look like my own skin. I just cannot get used to the warmthness of the porcelain shade of this foundation.

I bought mine from Cult Beauty which is currently the only place in UK which carries the porcelain shade.

No comments:

Post a Comment