Sunday 14 August 2016

Lipstick Queen Oxymoron


I bought these in the SpaceNK sale, £6, six pounds - they are still available for £6, or on the John Lewis website they are £22. I bought four.

I like LQ products, they promise much and deliver much, the colours are true in that what is in the pan equates to what comes out on the applicator and onto the skin, I don't ever find that the product oxidises on my skin.

I have had a sudden resurgence of delight in cream blush in my later years, not that I was really a fan in my younger years having a tendency to blush and look flushed naturally anyway, but I now find that I need that extra oomph to look even barely alive, and I often over do it with a delightful orb of bright on each cheek which I am almost loathe to dilute out, I am also rather a fan of the rouged earlobe a la Diana Vreeland. These shades adequately achieve both, and amazingly do not look too bad on the lips.

So first up Open Secret - this to me is a light bright coral, maybe a bit of salmon pink? On my lips it looks rather pale, but there is colour and it is bright.


Honest Politician really is my shade of lips but better, a sort of grapey, browny, mauvey neutral.


Free Ride is slightly more browny to my eye, but only slightly, and maybe a tad creamier in formulation. 


Minor Crisis is a berry, a bright, clear, cheery cherry/raspberry shade.


These really are lovely, each comes boxed and in a solid package with a mirror and for £6 I don't think one can go wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment