Saturday 6 August 2016

Boots Essentials Fragrance Free Moisturising Cream


Now for the 2 or 3 people who read my blog regularly (and that includes me) I am a high end product sort of person, if it has a fancy name, or better still fancy packaging it is likely to catch my eye and my wallet.

So what the ecky peck is a £1.50 (yes one whole pound and 50 whole pence of currency) product in its utilitarian packaging doing in my stash?

Now you see I get my influences from all over the shop, beit magazines (although less now), online reviews, or word of mouth and this was definitely a word of mouth recommendation, but not in the way one would think....let me set the scene....

I was on a Boots visit, conscious of a clock watching husband outside, but it was a big Boots and I hadn't been in for a while. I was happily swatching various SPF50+ to see if LRP dry touch really was dry touch, and deciding that the newer Bioderma Photoderm Aquafluide was better and cheaper, when I overheard a chap asking an assistant if she could point him in the direction of Boots basic moisturiser for his wife "because she uses it to take her makeup off and it is really effective."

Now I am interested in what made me take this comment as worthy of further investigation, was it that I made a judgement on the chap? (mid fifties, very well dressed if rather harassed looking, in a affluent area of town ergo wife has access to higher end products but chooses to buy something less expensive maybe because it is more effective), or was it that I was simply curious and just wanted an excuse to try another product? Either way I purchased it for the princely sum of £1.50 for 100mls no less.

It is has a thick, creamy, light texture, there is no scent whatsoever, neither is there any oiliness. On application it has enough slip to massage into dry skin and it dissolves makeup.


It does also emulsify with the addition of water which does not look particularly truthful in the photo below but it does.


Ingredients are as follows Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum, Cetearyl alcohol, Glycerin, Glyceryl stearate, Cetyl alcohol, PEG-100 stearate, Dimethicone, PEG-20 stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl acetate, Potassium hydroxide, Retinyl palmitate, Tetrasodium ETDA, Tocopherol

So yes it does have mineral oil in but personally I don't mind that.

2 comments:

  1. No, no, FOUR readers....I've found your blog...and love it!
    Keep writing in your wonderful way.

    http://a-woman-of-a-certain-age.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha well welcome to an exclusive club! Seriously though thankyou for your kind words.

      Delete