Tuesday 3 March 2015

A decent lip balm which works for me

Whilst it may now be spring, the weather is not playing ball, it is chilly and windy and whilst there is sun there is also rain and in some parts of the UK snow, I am of the "cast not a clout til May be out" school of thought.

I get sore itchy chapped lips very easily, they sort of creep up on me slowly but inexorably until I am cross and irritated that my lips are not happy and I cannot wear any sort of balm/gloss or stick.

Medela Purelan 100 has worked consistently well for me.



Found in the maternity section, this is 100% pure lanolin (pure lan), and designed primarily for sore nipples. It has no scent and no taste.


It is thick and sticky and that is why I like it, it sticks around. It is not easily displaced through eating and drinking or inclement weather and it instantly soothes and protects.

I find with so many lip balms that they just do not stand the test and wimp out as soon as there is a hint of chapping or general soreness, within one application my lips are healed. I do think with sore lips, that is prudent to simply apply and apply and apply, frequently and generously without any hint of scrubbing away with a flannel or heaven forfend a toothbrush.

This is around £7 for a decent sized tube - and being bright yellow there is no danger of loosing it in the depths of my bag or pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment