Saturday 28 March 2015

Sunday Riley Luna Sleeping Oil


I was not going to review this yet, having tried it for only five nights, but I could not resist, so this is purely and simply a first impressions picture heavy post.


This is the newest face oil from Sunday Riley. This has not yet been released in this country. Caroline Hirons posted about it at the beginning of this year, and I thought, I cannot bloody wait, so I went and ordered it from Sephora - more about that at the end of the post.


So this is a facial oil which contains retinol and the other ingredients are there to help minimise the irritation which retional can cause on the skin. Confession time here, I may have an A in A-level Biology and a BSc degree but ingredients is not really my thing, I worked damned hard to get my A-levels and my degree but it is as if I can no longer work up any enthusiasm for scientific data and information, I can feel it whispering out of my brain like ether.
I am a far more intuitive purchaser of products, if I like the look of it, I buy it, however I do read blogs and general reviews which are written by far more knowledgeable people than myself, and I would urge one to look more closely at the reviews of this product if one is interested in what particular ingredients do.




The idea is to apply to clean dry skin post cleansing and before moisturising. For me I tend to apply post serum as well.


It is a deep teal blue, partly blue tansy, partly german chamomile but partly I would say CI61565 (Green 6) and CI60725 (Violet 2) although they are right at the end of the ingredients list.

Now this does have a distinctive scent, it is the german chamomile to my mind, a slightly metallic, petrolly type of scent which does dissipate, but which I like, it is certainly not a grassy chamomile scent.

The texture is a thick spreadable oil. And I love it. I know it is too early to give a proper review but my skin is clearer, more even toned, brighter.  


I bought mine from Sephora, a suprisingly easy and straightforward process, it was £75.12 so I qualified for £6 shipping (any order over £75 from Sephora qualifies for a flat rate of £6 shipping), and there was £14.94 taxes on top of that so a total of £96.06 with a guarantee of no import taxes. It is 30mls in size.

I was kept fully update at each stage of the packing, dispatching and delivery process, I ordered it on a Sunday evening and received it on the following Monday.

I will update when I have finished this. As yet no date for UK release.

No comments:

Post a Comment