Tuesday 24 March 2015

Philosophy Amazing Grace EDT


I love fragrance. I love its ability to make me feel done, it completes my beauty ritual and if I go without I feel as if I have gone without my earrings in.

However, whilst I delight in complex and interesting chypre type fragrances, a lifetime of asthma and perfume induced headaches mean that I can admire from afar but cannot partake. 

My fragrances tend to be described as "light", "every day", "gentle" and given a tendency for heavy handedness coupled with working in a hospital and getting up close and personal with unwell people on a day to day basis, this is what I require.

Hence Philosophy Amazing Grace, of which I have a stash.


Perfumes are very difficult to describe on paper, but I will do my best. So this is a light fragrance. I use the EDT but it does come in a EDP. It is a floral and a white floral to my nose, a bit of jasmine maybe? Philosophy do not seem to like to list notes, preferring to give a overall impression, so to me it smells like a gentle white floral, warm and a bit fizzy if that makes sense, there is a whiff of sherbert to it.

What I like is that I can apply and apply and there is no sense that people are recoiling. I have had many compliments but of the "what is that lovely fresh smell?" or "somebody around here smells really nice?" rather than "that's a nice perfume, what is it?".

There are various permutations of this fragrance that can be purchased, from scrubs to body lotions to hand and foot creams and body sprays and deodorant.

Around £30 for 60mls - I tend to buy in bigger kits from QVC which can work out as better value.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this too :) Great scent for everyday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is perfect I find, my daughter is just back from university and said that it reminds her of home!

      Delete