Friday 20 March 2015

Verso Super Eye Serum


Sometimes I research and spend time with samples and testing before committing to full purchase and other times I throw caution to the wind and go ahead and buy almost without a care.

Thus it was with Verso Super Eye Serum. Being completely honest, I had received a sample with a recent Cult Beauty order and became rather interested in this Swedish brand and its emphasis on retinol as a key ingredient. I decanted the sample into a little pot and then with another order I requested another sample, which I added to the little pot.



So this is a light eye serum. And the texture really is extremely light, not watery disappearing into the skin light, but a very light gel. 



It does apply easily around the eyes without dragging, and whilst there is a little initial stinging, it quickly dissipates, and it is not unpleasant stinging if that makes sense. It does have a distinctive fresh almost floral scent which I did not like to start with but I am now used to it, and it is not a deal breaker. It is not moisturising enough on its own for my eyes, but once applied it does sink in and I go on to apply an eye cream over the top without pilling or product roll off.

I used it for four straight days, am and pm before deciding to purchase the full size. And the reasons I decided to purchase were fourfold - 

  • I decided to purchase because even in the four days there was a difference in the texture of my upper and lower eyelids, imperceptible to the eye but perceptible on the finger, as I subsequently applied the product and other products on top of it, the skin has felt progressively smoother and tighter, bold claims but that is what I have noticed. 
  • I do not have an eye serum, my skincare regime for my face includes a serum prior to a moisturiser, so why not use a serum around the eyes?
  • I am interested in the ingredients of this product, and specifically retinyl retionate, which as I understand is a form of Vitamin A (which is what retinol is), but which is said to be eight times more effective that retinol and in skincare has been proven to reduce pigmentation spots, decrease fine lines and wrinkles and to improve skin elascticity - my eye concerns in a nutshell.
  • There was an offer on BlowLtd where the first order received £10 off, and any purchase from the Verso range of £65 or over received a free Verso sample kit which contained 30mls of Verso Cleanser, Verso Day Cream and Verso Night Cream.
Full list of ingredients below - retinyl retinoate is quite far down but then maybe it has to be because of risk of irritation



This is currently £65 for 30mls. I will review this product fully when I have finished it.

No comments:

Post a Comment