Wednesday 18 March 2015

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light


I bought this as a finishing powder, with the hopes of a light finishing powder which maybe could pass as an all in one powder foundation if my skin could take it.




The shade I chose is "light" unsuprisingly the palest shade.




I have mixed feelings about this product, and I think that it is more to do with my skin's short fallings rather than any failings of the product itself.

My skin is a myriad of age spots, open pores, blackheads, thread veins and this product cannot improve all of these on its own, if I apply as a powder foundation it does not have the depth of pigment to cover my imperfections, even given several coats. I also find that it does oxidise on my skin rendering the shade somewhat deeper and orangier than the swatch above suggests.

All in all I do not think that this is a bad product, I think that my expectations were somewhat higher than the product could deliver and that is my skin's short comings rather than those of the product.

Currently around £23

No comments:

Post a Comment