Tuesday 21 April 2015

A few treatment toners


I have embraced the treatment toner trend as can be seen from the above collection. I am not a beauty expert, I have no interest in skin other than my own, but I am an enthusiastic amateur, I love a trend and a bandwagon, especially when I can see visible differences in my skin. And the addition of a treatment toner has changed my skin; pores are less visible, skin is more even toned, red marks which are remnants of spots I have shamelessly squeezed, take less time to heal than previously.

I started with Alpha H Liquid Gold - being a watcher of QVC, I was familiar with this product but did not feel it was for me given that on a previous trial it tingled on application and with a sensitive skin I felt that tingling was not something I wanted anywhere near my skin thank-you very much.

However I re-purchased and realised that the tingling was tingling and not stinging, and after using and seeing some changes I was hooked.

My guiding hand in all of this is Caroline Hirons, she has made videos,  and more videos and posted valuable information on these products and how best to use them.

What I have found is that for me on my skin, some products do sting rather than tingle, but not every time. I have found that some products have a smell which I dislike. Some are ineffective on my skin and this is irrespective of price.

All of the above toners I have used - I find that I tend to use them pm rather than am because I have more time, and I am a saddo who rarely ventures out after the hours of 6.00pm. I use them post cleansing and allow to skin in or at times pat any remaining wetness into my skin with my hands. I then follow with a "floral water" type of toner, again patting into my skin to aid absorbtion and then I go on with a serum and facial oil and moisturiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment