Saturday 4 April 2015

Sunday Riley Start Over Active Eye Cream


I have almost used this up, and I reckon I will have had around six months use of it, day and night.

So this is a thick gel cream texture, thick in that it retains it shape when pumped out, and it feels thick when spread around the eyes, not so thick that it does not spread easily, but it needs some massaging in which in my opinion is no bad thing. It has no discernible scent that I can discern at any rate.


I am not a hundred percent sure about this eye cream even now that I am almost finished it. 

The positives are that I like the texture, the thickness and massageability is perfect. I like that it is unscented. I like that it feels instantly cooling and tightening on my eye lids, it does not interfere with any other product which I put on before or after, there is no pilling off. Also although it is £65, that is for 30mls where most eye products are 15mls in size.

But for me it irritates and stings, not on every application but every now and again even after six months of use.

I also have a problem with the packaging. This is housed in a glass bottle with a pump. The pump has ceased to function but I still have a good couple of weeks worth left of pumps and no way to get the product out which does not include a hammer.


Interestingly in the Cult Beauty goodie bag which I purchased at Christmas, there was a 15mls tube of the Active Eye Cream.


With a metal applicator, cue extra cooling.



Ingredients: Prickly Pear Extract, Blue Agave Extract, Lady's Slipper Orchid Extract, Cactus Extract, Olea Europea Fruit Extract, Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil, Methylsilanol Carboxymethyl Theophylline, Butylene Glycol, PEG-75 Meadowsol, Ammonium Polyacrylate, Isohexadecane, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium, Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glucosamine HLC, Urea, Artemisia Vulgaris Extract, Lecithin, Cholesterol Olry, Cholesteryl Chloride, Punica Granatum, Astaxanthin, Lycopene, Alpha D-Tocopherol, Thioctic Acid, Lutein, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, DMDM Hydantoin  

Currently £65 for 30mls.

No comments:

Post a Comment