Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sunday Riley Charisma Creme Cleanser


I have almost finished this up and it has taken me the best part of four months of regular am and pm use to work out how best to use it.


So this is a cream cleanser aimed at dry to normal skin. It claims to remove makeup and I have found that it does with a bit of work ie a good couple of passes, but I tend to use it more as an am cleanser or a cleanser post makeup removal.

It is housed in a functional plastic pump which is see through enough to see when one has almost used up. And the pump is lockable.


It is very light and liquidy and spreads easily around the face.


And here is my problem, I find that it tends to sink into the skin, which is fine but it does not easily emulsify with the addition of water so I find it quite difficult to remove which irks me somewhat and it seems to leave a bit of a film on my skin which I am not sure I like although it does not have any adverse effect.

I like to use it a bit like a treatment mask which to be honest is how I use all my am and post makeup removal cleansers.

I think the ingredients are rather impressive for a cleanser which is why I like to leave it on my skin for a bit.


For me the best way to use this is to apply a decent amount, at least 3 pumps worth, apply to clean dry skin, massage for a good couple of minutes, maybe adding a tiny amount of water to loosen a bit, massage a bit more, leave whilst I am in the shower and then remove.

What I have found is that it is non irritating and non stripping but suprisingly deeply cleansing.

£35 for 125mls I think I will be repurchasing despite my raptures over Aurelia Miracle Cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment